Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Fancies

One of the more interesting pieces of bookish news that I've seen this week is that the founders of Out of Print clothing have just launched a new app called Litsy. From what I can tell, it seems like it combines features from Goodreads and Instagram to create a new social app of book lovers. I'm intrigued, especially if it's more independent than the Amazon-owned Goodreads, although my reading lists are already so entrenched there that I can't imagine fully switching away from it.

(a vegan chocolate peanut butter doughnut--aka the prettiest spring treat that I had recently)

Writers who spied, plus recommendations for five literary spy novels.

In honor of the 400th year anniversary of his death, Hogarth Press is launching an intriguing series of novels that offer modern interpretations of Shakespeare's works....

...and Emma Bridgewater has launched a pretty commemorative mug.


And mysterious stacks of books seen around NYC recently were actually an art project. I wish I had encountered some of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails