Friday, December 4, 2015

Friday Fancies

It's hard to believe that we're into December already! Have you been doing anything festive for the holidays yet? The twinkle lights and the Charlie Brown Christmas album have been on nonstop in my apartment this week, and later tonight I'm heading up to Newport, RI for the weekend. I'm excited to check out their holiday festivities and hope to report back with some pictures next week.

(bit of sparkle for the mantle)

In the meantime, here are a few little treats from around the web:

Although we're already a few days into December, I have to share this great idea for an advent calendar focused on Christmas activities and experiences.

A fantastic idea for a literary "hen party". (Plus a nice discussion of The Member of the Wedding.)

My favorite new Twitter account to follow.

Celeste Ng perfectly captures my feelings about Elena Ferrante's novels in her Year of Reading over on The Millions, saying, "don't be put off my the list of characters at the beginning" (I almost was) and "when you hit that gut-punch of a last line, be prepared to run out and get the next book" (I did, every time).

Love to see a mid-century British female writer garnering some attention from B&N.

Have you heard of the Roxburghe Club, an exclusive society of bibliophiles with only 40 members?

And last but not least, these literary candles would be the perfect stocking stuffers for book lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails