Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Fancies

It's been kind of a slow week around these parts. Is it because I'm still in the middle of two books and haven't finished either? Because I've been too busy enjoying some gorgeous summer weather before another heat wave arrives? Or am I already mentally in Fourth of July vacation mode? Choose the excuse you like best.

Here are some things to keep you busy until I'm back with more regularly scheduled posts:


(image via here)

The start of what seems like it will be a helpful and accessible Photoshop tutorial series.

Wouldn't you love to pay a visit to a book barge?

The Library of Congress released a diverse and fascinating list of 88 Books that Shaped America.

And the NY Times had an article about literary classics being redesigned to appeal to the teen market. What do you think? I'm actually a big fan of new twists on classics, but I think these designs are a little ho-hum.

1 comment:

  1. So heartbroken about Nora Ephron. I'm listening to her read her last book of essays 'I Remember Nothing' in my car right now and am savoring her unique view of the world and her wonderful humor.
    Thanks for the link to the Photoshop tutorial. I hope to learn how to use it soon.
    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails