Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Kimono

Coming off of the mild winter we've been having, I was afraid that March would take a sudden turn and bring a late blast of snow and cold. Instead, I've been presently surprised by the arrival of early, warm spring days. It's eat lunch outside and take the dog for a long walk kind of weather, which has the side effect of putting me in the mood to do some spring shopping. I thought about doing a roundup of the items on my spring wish list, but then I realized that the bulk of my shopping list consists of replenishing some basic pieces: slim, ankle length pants, new striped shirts, and maybe some blush colored ballet flats. All classic pieces, but not exactly the makings of a groundbreaking fashion post.

The one trendy piece that has caught my eye is a lightweight, kimono-style top, like this one from Anthropologie.


I've had an affinity for Asian-inspired pieces over the years, beginning with the mandarin collar pajama set that I distinctly remember wearing to bedtime story hour at the library. I think a top like this could be used as an alternative to a cardigan and would add some interest over jeans and a simple tank.

What do you think? Would you wear this trend?

1 comment:

  1. I would definitely wear this. (And your spring shopping list sounds just perfect)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails