Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Fancies- Downton Abbey Edition

In honor of Sunday's Season 2 finale, I thought I'd devote this week's roundup to a few things you can do to get into the Downton Abbey spirit.

(image via here)

If you want to practice one of the many fine arts of being a lady, try embroidering a Dowager Countess cross-stitch.

Check out this comparison of the Downton characters with the actors who play them. (Mrs. Hughes looks twenty years younger in real life! And you can see Mr. Carson on a bike!)

Watch the BBC's Downton parody, and then ponder why Kim Cattrall wasn't cast in the real version.

And it may be a few days late, but you can still send a belated Downton Valentine's card.

Will you be watching on Sunday? Or having a viewing party complete with tea and scones?

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great round-up! Cannot wait for the season finale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got finished watching last week's episode - what melodrama! I really enjoyed the spoof video.
    I think tea & scones for the finale on Sunday sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I can't wait for tonight's episode. Thanks for the great links.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, excellent post! I am, unfortunately, like three weeks behind on the season. I will catch up, though, hopefully after this current round of papers is graded:) I totally heart that comparison site! Nice find:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails