Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Fancies

Now that the holidays are over, who wouldn't like to just curl up with some blankets for a long winter's nap?

Here's what caught my eye during this first back-to-reality week.


(image via Pinterest)


This short (under 10 minute) documentary about Jane Austen. (I actually saw the exhibit this was made for when it was at the Morgan Library and, ironically, I was kind of underwhelmed by it. I like this little film much better.)


I think these simple water color sayings would look so pretty hanging on a wall. I'm tempted to try making some myself as a little DIY for my bedroom.


I'm intrigued by this Century of Books challenge. I don't think I'll intentionally do this myself, but I may try to see how many years I inadvertently hit during the course of my reading this year.


I was so impressed when I saw this thrifted and altered dress. It looks like something Kate Middleton would wear.

And have you discovered which Downton Abbey character you are yet? Apparently I'm most like....Bates, the valet?!? Let me know who you are.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, love that dress! It's awesomely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello! happy weekend! the dress is lovely, but the sayings are really cool, and you could certainly paint some yourself. hmm. maybe during summer break, i'll make some... great idea. joy to you, n

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, you got bates? Seriously, the BEST character!!! Well done! I am, apparently, Lady Sybil Crawley. And I would like to vote.

    what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to find out what Downtown Abbey character I am... I love that show!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails