Monday, December 5, 2011

A Snack

I recently discovered the Power Foods cookbook, by the editors of Martha Stewart's Whole Living Magazine. It's filled with recipes built around healthy, natural ingredients, which are perfect for a little detox time between the indulgences of Thanksgiving and Christmas.

It's in this book that I found my current favorite snack: a toasted slice of whole wheat bread, spread with a thin layer of goat cheese and topped with fresh, slightly crushed raspberries and a thin drizzle of honey.

I made this as an after-dinner treat every night last week. It would be great as a decadent but healthy breakfast, too.

4 comments:

  1. oh my lordy...that looks fabulous! must try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was made for me! (Last night I made Honey Oatmeal bread from Tasty Kitchen...All I need are the goat cheese and fresh raspberries!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would eat the CRAP out of this, it looks so damn good! After substituting the goat cheese with vegan cream cheese of course. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails