Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Berkeley Square

If, like me, you were obsessed with Masterpiece's Downton Abbey and Upstairs, Downstairs, then you may enjoy Berkeley Square, a ten-part BBC miniseries from the late 90's that I found on Netflix.

It's the story of three nannies and the families they work for in Victorian London. It wasn't quite as good as Downton was. Sometimes it got a little too melodramatic (think babies with swapped identities). At other times, it felt like it was trying a little too hard to be heartwarming. That being said, I still really, really enjoyed it, to the point that I was so surprised that it ended the way that it did, I had to do some extensive online searching to make sure that there wasn't a second season I was missing out on.

Give it a try if you're looking for something to get you through to January 8th, when the second season of Downton airs. (Their website already has a countdown clock- only 88 days, 23 hours, and 43 minutes to go.)

2 comments:

  1. Mmmh, good to know. I'm always up for a good period mini-series! (Downtown Abbey is in my Netflix cue as we speak)...have you seen "wives and daughters"? It is a couple years old now, but SO good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks right up my alley! And I still have to see Downton Abbey, I cannot believe I haven't seen it yet!!! ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails