Monday, September 19, 2011

A Dose of Goodwill

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not much of a thrifter. Though I envy other people's finds, I just don't have it in me to really weed through the racks of a thrift store hunting for treasures. It's the same reason why I'm easily overwhelmed at TJ Maxx.

Luckily for me, this weekend a thrift store treasure jumped out right in front of me- an upholstered armchair for $20 at Goodwill! I love its overall shape and just want to get some new fabric to freshen it up. These are the "before" pictures...

..."afters" coming soon. I plan on using this as the key pieces of my second reading nook. This time it will be in my bedroom, to accompany my new bookcase. The shelves were actually the source of some controversy last week. I'm just glad I got mine while they still fit real books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails