Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Frog Hospital

Who Will Run The Frog Hospital is the first novel I've read by Lorrie Moore and it's completely turned me into a fan of hers.

The narrator is a woman in her 40's who, in flashback, tells the story of her friendship with Sils, the glamorous best friend of her teenage years. It chronicles the turning point of their friendship, the summer they spend working at Storyland, a dinky theme park in upstate New York. It's a quiet, meandering book that's both said and funny. The writing is just so good- I'd highly recommend it.

But that's all I can say about it right now. I have a pooch sitting on my chest (and I mean chest, not lap). Turns out it's hard to type when your arms are half-pinned and there's a tail lolling about on your keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails