Monday, October 11, 2010

Indian Summer Dinner


The farmer's market around here is going on through the end of the month and when I went last week I picked up a carton of heirloom tomatoes. Most of them were deep, plum-colored cherry tomatoes that looked more like grapes.

I picked up a bunch of basil, too, and decided to make a bruchetta pasta. It's probably something I would make more in the summer rather than the fall, which is why I'm calling it an Indian Summer dinner.

I sauteed the tomatoes with some garlic, olive oil, and just a little balsamic vinegar. I put that over some spaghetti and mixed in the basil and some cubes of fresh mozzarella. Perfect for eating from a bowl with a slice of crusty bread.

Here's my sous-chef, who was ready in the kitchen in case I needed any help.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails