Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fall Street Fair

Last weekend was Hoboken's Arts & Music Festival. It's basically like a huge street fair for the town. Stages with various bands and musicians bookend blocks and blocks of stands featuring artists, crafters, local businesses, and food.

A few of the more interesting art stands...


...including one artist who does custom pet portraits. Don't think I wasn't tempted.

Equally tempting were the food stands:

I managed to limit myself to only something from a cake stand. Besides the fancy cakes they had on display, they were also selling little miniature "babycakes".

They were basically a cake version of a bon-bon, make with cake batter mixed with buttercream and dipped in chocolate. I got a little bagful and they were delicious! The vanilla ones tasted almost like a creamy marzipan.

The best craft stands all seemed to involve hats. One sold knitted, cloche-like hats decorates with feathers. It gave me an idea of something to try myself.

Another stand sold handmade felt cloches and fedoras that were just gorgeous.

They were a little pricey, but if I had had an extra $100 to burn, I definitely would have bought one. (Humor me here and pretend that I'm not someone who buys hats only to never wear them.)

And finally, I was happy to see that sand art is still going strong. I made my fair share of these in my day. I'm sure there's still a few packed in an attic somewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails