Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Belated Fourth!

I'm just back from a very relaxing long weekend spent at home. The only downside was that the internet there wasn't working. Hence, I'm posting about the Fourth of July on the sixth.


Summer reading has kicked in full force. There's just something about summer that makes me want to race through book after book. I think it might carry over from those summer reading programs I did at the library. I always tried to sign up to read 100 books, and the librarian always tried to discourage me and talk me down to twenty-five. I must still feel the need to show her up because last week I went through four books in five days. That's a lot, even for me!

Needless to say, I'm a bit backlogged with books to post about. On top of that, since a good portion of my weekend was spent baking and eating, I'm backlogged on my food posts too. Here's a little taste to start things off.

Fresh corn on the cob.

Grilled chicken sandwich with bacon, avocado, and tomato. Much, much better than a burger.

Homemade blueberry crisp. Note: this and all of the above taste best when eaten outside on the deck.


And on a unrelated note, my mom has a butterfly bush in the yard that lives up to its name:



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails