Monday, February 8, 2010

Tim Burton

Yesterday I went to see the Tim Burton exhibit at MoMA. It was packed! We did a lot of slow museum shuffling and peering around people to see everything, and got really overheated in the crowded galleries. But aside from those complaints, it was a really interesting show.

One of my favorite parts was seeing the sketches and cartoons he did when he was in his early twenties. The characters were drawn in his typical style and the cartoons were surprisingly funny. There were storyboards and screens from some of his movies on display, including some really beautiful and elaborate ones from The Nightmare Before Christmas, and a section of other movie items, like the suit and hands from Edward Scissorhands. It put me in the mood to rewatch both of those movies, and to watch Sleepy Hollow and The Corpse Bride, which I've never seen. All of them are now on my Netflix queue.

I was also reminded of this unrelated picture I took of the full moon a while ago:

Kind of eerie and Tim Burton-esque.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails