Sunday, February 21, 2010

Men in Tights

Last night I saw Kings of the Dance, a tour of some of the top male ballet dancers from various companies around the world. I originally agreed to go because my other ballet-groupie friends were interested in it, but I have to admit that I wasn't quite sure what to expect. The show ended up being so good! There was a really nice variety to the solos that each "king" danced- some were funny, some a little more modern, some classical. Then there were a few group pieces and a finale where they all just went crazy showing off. One dancer did something I'd never seen before- a tour jete with an extra rotation added in the air before he landed (I sounded like an Olympic snowboard commentator in my own head when I saw it).

As good as the dancing was, another highlight of the evening was seeing a woman in the audience who was very Upper East Side-looking except for her crazy hairstyle- a bleached blond short precision bob with a long, dark brown mullet coming out from underneath and going to her mid-back. I'm hereby christening this style a Bullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails