Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fluffy Vacation Reads

Two fluffy and fun books I brought with me on vacation were The Wedding Girl by Madeline Wickham (aka Sophie Kinsella, who wrote the Shopaholic series) and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. I guess the theme here was current chick-lit and classic chick-lit-meets-horror-and-gore. Both books were okay, but fell short of being really good guilty pleasure beach reads.

I was especially disappointed in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, mostly because I had such high hopes for it. Everything I had read about this book said it was hilarious, but I found it a little bit boring and...dare I say it?...hard to get through. I think it needed to commit more to the zombie aspect of the book. As it is, the zombie attacks are peppered through here and there throughout a watered-down version of Austen's words, making the whole thing kind of bland.

But that doesn't mean that I won't still give this book a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails