Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Biographies and Biopics

I recently read Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis: A Life and then, in keeping with the theme of American icons, followed that up by seeing Julie & Julia.


The Jackie Kennedy biography was interesting and I'm glad I read it, although aside from a few random facts, it wasn't that earth-shattering in terms of things I didn't already know about her. I did think the author was stretching some of the biographical facts a bit. Jackie liked to read as a girl...does that necessarily lead to the assumption that she read Jane Eyre and imagined that her school's headmistress was secretly insane like Rochester's wife in the attic? I'd like to see the documentation behind that fact.


Julie & Julia was such a cute movie. Nothing overly dramatic happens to either of the characters, but it's just so charming watching them go through all of the little things in their lives. I walked away wanting to a) read My Life in France by Julia Child and b) wear my pearls more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails